Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: My engagement script

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Jadian's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 27th, 2000
    Posts
    710
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    (Jadian is in bathroom, staring at reflection. Ein is watching The Simpsons, periodically coming to the bathroom door to yell things.)

    Jadian: (staring deep into reflected eyes) Is this okay? I dunno if this is okay. Am I a bad feminist? Am I giving up my soul?

    Ein: (from outside door) Are we engaged yet?

    Jadian: (yelling) I don't know! Go watch tv!

    *Ein retreats*

    Jadian: If we aren't engaged, do I have to give back this ring? It's so pretty. I really like this ring. ohmigod - I just said ohmigod. This is it! I am becoming a cheerleader housewife! (breaks into hysterical weeping)

    Ein: What about now?

    Jadian: No!

    Ein: I'll ask again later, okay? *retreats*

    Jadian: But I love this guy. I do. I'm pretty sure I'll love him forever. I just don't want to get married yet. Do I ever want to get married? What about children? Ack! How am I gonna afford a mortgage on my own? What colour would my bridesmaids wear? - of shit, did I just say that? Fuck. fuck fuck fuck. Um. Okay. I could wait on it. I could be engaged and not get married right away, and go to law school, and come back and take stock. I could do that. There's no way he'll agree to that.

    Ein: We can have a really long engagement, you know.

    Jadian: (spinning to glare at door) Have you been listening to my inner dialogue?

    Ein: What?

    And so, we got engaged. For a minimum of five years. And I'm going away to law school and then we'll take stock.

    *bows*

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Miral's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 23rd, 1999
    Posts
    1,061
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That was the cutest thing ever. Congrats on your engagement, he better be good to ya. *hugs*

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Neophobic Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 3rd, 2002
    Posts
    2,107
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'll have to remember how that goes if I ever propose to anyone...congratulations...

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Ski's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 1999
    Posts
    2,378
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Cool

    Way to go you two!!!!


    damn that was funny [img]smile.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    HB Forum Owner Branflakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 3rd, 1999
    Posts
    2,290
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Congrats!!!!

    *tosses oreos in the air*

    (and that was very funny)

  6. #6
    Inactive Member crazy a's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 1999
    Posts
    1,237
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Congratulations!

    And, good God, please don't feel you gotta rush into it. And if y'all haven't discussed kids yet, you might want to, even if having them is years down the road. At least both of you will have an idea of who wants what.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member GeekGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 2nd, 2000
    Posts
    38
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Congratulations, Jadian and Ein!

    Don't worry, I haven't let being married prevent me from being a self-labeled feminist. I haven't found anything in my marriage that contradicts what I believe. Oh, I know all the arguments regarding the institution of marriage, but ultimately your marriage is defined by you and Ein, and you don't need me to tell you it's not necessary to perpetuate all the things we've been told marriage is supposed to be over the centuries.

    Plus, it messes with their heads, those people that love to tar feminists with the "man-hating" brush. It takes you right out of their exclusionary propaganda buckets and proves the diversity of the feminist point of view. (I'm sure Ein is a good feminist, too. [img]smile.gif[/img] )

  8. #8
    HB Forum Owner erisesoteric's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 20th, 2000
    Posts
    3,452
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Besides, how are we going to train men to behave properly if we don't rope them down, one by one?

    [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Ersby's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 9th, 2000
    Posts
    557
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Congrats, you two. I'm sure those next five years will just fly by.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Ski's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 1999
    Posts
    2,378
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by erisesoteric:
    Besides, how are we going to train men to behave properly if we don't rope them down, one by one?

    [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>


    I find that boobs and good food do the job [img]smile.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •